Costco tends to get all the attention for their year-round bulk essentials, but don’t sleep on Costco’s bakery section — especially during the holidays.
Their oversized treats (read: 4- pound, 12-inch-wide pies) are perfect for big family gatherings — from Hanukkah to Christmas to New Year’s — and there’s no shortage of festive options to choose from.
I recently taste-tested my way through Costco’s holiday bakery items — by way of hosting some friends and family — and decided to rank and review each item. I’m a recipe developer and avid baker but I’m not above scooping up store-bought baked goods, especially if they deliver on taste and value.
Also, I only tasted items located in the bakery, but should you want some Italian panettone or a bag of Holiday Mingle Mix (Costco’s response to TJ’s Jingle Jangle, perhaps?), take a look in the surrounding aisles.
Last but not least, according to a bakery employee I spoke with, the seasonal items will be stocked right up until the stores close for Christmas — or until supplies last. So without further ado, here’s my honest review, from “not impressed” to “I’m obsessed.”
9. Kirkland Signature Tiramisu Bar Cake
8. Kirkland Signature Pecan Pie
7. Kirkland Signature Holiday Cookie Tray
6. Costco Mini Red Velvet Cakes
5. Kirkland Signature Double Crust Apple Pie
4. Kirkland Signature Pumpkin Pie
3. Kirkland Signature Peppermint Bark
2. Kirkland Signature Tuxedo Chocolate Mousse Cake
1. Kirkland Signature Mini Cranberry Orange Bisconie
Which holiday bakery items have you tried from Costco? Tell me in the comments!